Monday 26 September 2011

Another quilt under the sewing machine

Spent a lot of time this afternoon on my hands and knees. The kitchen floor is the only place in the house big enough to baste anything larger than a wall hanging. Anyway after a lot of shuffling around and a lot of this stuff

I finally had this basted and ready for the machine. Speaking of which after having finally persuaded my Singer that it was happy to piece I didn't want to change any settings so got this out from the back of the cupboard.

It worked like a dream. The hardest thing was remembering how to insert the bobbin as it is side loaded rather than top loading but once thar was sorted off we went and quilted. I'm only doing some straight line stitching on the light fabric. Enough to make the dark stand out but no more than I have to. This quilt top has waited years to be finished, it has been tucked away in the back of the UFO cupboard and now I want it finished so that means quick quilting. Nothing fancy. Hopefully it will look ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment